Sunday, November 16, 2008

Let the fight begin!

Well, let it begin!

It certainly didn't take long for the Liberal Leadership race to descend into bickering.  There are currently 3 contenders in the leadership race: Ignatieff, Rae and Dominic LeBlanc, and unlike last time, I anticipate that these will be the only three.  Rae and Ignatieff already have large blocks of support, but I have my doubts that Rae has any chance.  Ignatieff is a pretty decisive guy, and will certainly run a giant's stomping campaign.  I don't like Ignatieff, and I think he is running for the sole reason of gaining power.  He is dishonest and probably closer to the Conservatives than any Liberal supporter would like to admit.  His tactic of keeping the campaign debates closed is designed to prevent the gaffes that probably cost him the leadership last time.  By avoiding the proverbial puffin poo, Ignatieff will win on hype alone.  The dark horse of course is LeBlanc.  However, I would expect he will put on a Tony Clement style showing.  I really hope to hear more about LeBlanc, but I have little doubt he will have trouble getting his face shown amongst the titans that are Ignatieff and Rae.

No comments: